In this broken and fallen world, hope is always for us Christians as we have our joy and peace in Christ Jesus our Lord! The following is a list of guidelines the Bible instructs to avoid deception in this turbulent world.
- Death never solves anything, is not the end, and was not God’s intent in the first place (Matthew 25:45; 2 Peter 3:1-18; Ezekiel 18:23).
- Giving up on life or in life is the worst choice, because there are so many helpful resources to boost your life. We mourn in hope in Christ Jesus (1 Thessalonians 4:14).
- Sin may please at first, but proves its destruction and it sacrifices many good things (Romans 7:11; Hebrews 3:13; Galatians 6:1; 1 Corinthians 6:9).
- Criminality is an abomination to the Lord (2 Timothy 3:13).
- Violence is never the answer and does not solve anything (1 Peter 3:9; 1 Timothy 3:3; Proverbs 3:29-31; Titus 3:2; Psalm 11:5; Galatians 5:19-21).
- God is not mocked; whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap (Galatians 6:7).
- Bad company corrupts moral character (1 Corinthians 15:33).
- Do not turn away from the Lord to serve other gods (Deuteronomy 11:16).
- Do not trust in vanity (Job 15:31).
- Watch out for false prophets who bring false visions and lying messages (Lamentations 2:14). Beware of prophets who promise peace to those who pay them, but threaten war for those who don’t pay them (Micah 3:5). Also beware of false teachers who try to mislead you from the truth of God’s Word with their mankind philosophies (vain philosophies/new age beliefs).
- People are deceived when they don’t know the Scriptures or Power of God (Matthew 22:29).
- Do not lay up for yourselves treasures upon Earth (Matthew 6:19).
- Beware of those pretending to be Christ Jesus (2 Peter 1:19; 2:18).
- Hypocritical judgment should be avoided (Matthew 7:1-5). This means that you should not point fingers at someone for a thing they did wrong, when you are guilty of doing that same thing at the moment (unless you repented and have not been doing it long enough that you can dissociate yourself from it).
- Lacking humility (Matthew 5:3; James 4:6; 2 Peter 3:17-18).
We do hope this was ultimately useful to you. We do hope that you will no longer be deceived by the enemy in this life, and that you can live happily! Praise the Lord!